A legend confesses to a shocking loss, some familiar faces win big at Bellagio and more from the past week around the poker universe...
- Legendary poker player and commentator Mike Sexton made an appearance on Joe Ingram’s podcast after his recent WPT championship and made the shocking confession that he lost around $500 million by selling his Party Poker stock too early!
- We’re down to 6 players at the WPT Five Diamond Classic at The Bellagio in Las Vegas. $1.9 million is up for grabs on Saturday (December 10) for first place. Also of note, former NFL star Richard Seymour finished 18th in this event.
— WPT Live Updates (@WPTlive) December 10, 2016
- Online legend and 2016 WSOP 3rd place finisher Cliff Josephy took down the $5k WPT Five Diamond event for $169k
— Cliff Josephy (@JohnnyBaxPoker) December 9, 2016
- Jason Koon is having nice time at The Bellagio as well:
— World Poker Tour (@WPT) December 9, 2016
- The final EPT event is underway in Prague
- 2016 WSOP November Niner Fernando Pons announced an interesting bounty concept. The player who eliminates Pons in an upcoming tournament in Spain will receive their body weight in Desperados Beer.
- Oleg Vasylchenko (Ukraine) won the WPT Prague Main Event.
- In case you are unaware, British pro Jake Cody has started an awesome Youtube vlog series where he films live sessions and talks strategy as well as his life as a poker pro:
- Here’s a great article about ways to improve your poker game while you’re away from the tables.
- High stakes pro and superstar Twitch streamer ‘TonkaaaaP’ has started a great new Sit & Go strategy series on Youtube:
- Episode 3 of ‘Table Talk with Polk and Papi’:
- The Poker Guys continue to make us all smarter with another episode of ‘The Breakdown’:
- The Staples brothers have both revealed their superpowers to the world. Jaime finally revealed his secret royal flush manifestation powers (@16:32). And Matt is clearly a psychic:
— Matthew Staples (@PokerStaplesPA) December 3, 2016
- And finally, a famous poker celebrity has decided to generously donate more money to the high stakes poker community.
Photo Source: https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/status/800798899963305985
Psssst! We’re on YouTube – see, what we do there.