Doug Polk and Joe Ingram debuted their new show, The Poker Guys tried to figure out how Qui Nguyen won the WSOP and more news and notes from around the poker universe.
- PokerStars released a new poker format which was not well received in the poker community:
@RealKidPoker @PokerStars It's gross because it's designed to bamboozle novices. Marketed as MTT but it's really an over-raked cash game.
— Isaac Haxton (@ikepoker) November 26, 2016
- British poker legend Sam Tricket signed with Party Poker
- The Poker Guys released another episode of ‘The Breakdown’:
- Doug Polk and Joe Ingram released the first episode of their new show ‘Table Talk with Polk and Papi’
- Scottish pro Niall Farrell won the WPT Caribbean Main Event.
- Pokernews.com published an article by Martin Derbyshire in which he claimed that poker is not a profession and criticized intelligent poker pros for not doing something more meaningful with their lives. Naturally, this resulted in some pretty harsh criticism of the site from a bunch of high profile pros including, Scott Seiver, Brian Hastings, Cate Hall and Isaac Haxton:
There is no reason poker players should give Pokernews any free content. They look down on you, why should you help pay their bills.
— Scott Seiver (@scott_seiver) November 25, 2016
@scott_seiver agreed that the incentives are not there at all right now for pro poker players to work with them.
— Brian Hastings (@brianchastings) November 25, 2016
.@PokerNews Your content is consistently inane and deliberately spiteful to your readership. You know this & refuse to do anything about it.
— Cate Hall (@catehall) November 25, 2016
- And much to my delight, the poker community continued to express their disrespect for Phil Hellmuth.
Psssst! We’re on YouTube – see, what we do there.